Statement of Faith
The following is the foundation of beliefs upon which Veritas Academy is based. These beliefs will be unapologetically taught in various ways through all grade levels, and will be considered primary doctrines of Veritas Academy. In the event that any secondary doctrines arise, they will be referred back to the family for final authority.
We believe that….
- The Bible – The Bible originated entirely from God through writers inspired by God. It is the infallible Word of God, and the supreme and final authority on all matters upon which it teaches. The Bible is the unique, full, and final authority on all matters of faith and practice, and there are no other writings similarly inspired by God.
- God – There is only one true, holy God, creator of heaven and earth, who exists eternally as three persons — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, each fully God yet each personally distinct from the other.
- Jesus Christ – Jesus Christ, the 2nd Person of the Trinity, was born of the Virgin Mary, lived a sinless human life, willingly took upon Himself all of our sins, died and rose again bodily, and sits at the right hand of the Father as our advocate and mediator. Some day, He will return to fulfill the eternal plan of God.
- Holy Spirit – The Holy Spirit, 3rd Person of the Trinity, convicts the world of sin and draws people to Christ. He dwells in all believers, is available to empower them to lead Christ-like lives, and gives them spiritual gifts with which to serve the church and reach out to others.
- Salvation – All people have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Apart from Jesus Christ, all people because of sin, deserve the judgment of God. However, God gives salvation and eternal life to anyone who trusts in Jesus Christ and in His sacrifice on his or her behalf. Salvation cannot be earned through personal goodness or human effort. It is a gift that must be received by repentance and faith in Christ and His finished work on the cross.
- Eternal Destiny – Death seals the eternal destiny of each person. At the final judgment, unbelievers will be separated from God into condemnation while believers will be received into God’s presence and rewarded for their faithfulness to Him in this life.
- The Church – All those who acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior are members of the body of Christ, the Church. Wherever God’s people meet regularly, there is the local expression of the Church. Scripture commands all believers to be an active part of a local church body, devoting themselves to worship, prayer, instruction, encouragement, mutual accountability, and community with each other. Through it, believers invest time, energy, and resources to fulfill the Great Commission — reaching lost people and growing them into fully devoted followers of Christ.
- Marriage and Human Sexuality – Sex is a gift from God to be enjoyed within the marriage relationship. God has commanded abstinence from any form of sexual activity outside of a marriage between one biological man and one biological woman and participation in any activity related to fornication, pornography, homosexuality, bisexuality, and adultery is a sinful perversion of God’s gift of sex.